Dead History

Dead History® takes a page from time itself and marries it with an intriguing twist – the psychic.  With this pairing of history and present-day psychic interpretation we hope to present  historical events – through re-creation, current day investigation and in-depth analysis – and in the process perhaps uncover the truth behind events surrounding historical mysteries.

In this weekly hour-long presentation we visit some of the eeriest, most haunted places on earth.

 We hope to shine light on questions that have been asked by generations such as…What really occurred at The Chateau de Chateaubriant in France? Who is the woman walking the halls centuries after being locked in a tower? Was it murder or something more paranormal that was involved? What is actually going at Hoia Baciu Forest in Romania? Why are the electromagnetic fields there so severe and what, or who, is responsible for the eerie lights and orbs that float throughout the forest? Who is “The Brown Lady” seen walking the halls of the 15th Century estate Raynham Hall in England? The belief is she’s Lady Dorothy Walpole who was tortured until her death in 1726; others claim she is The Countess of Wharton murdered by her husband for indiscretions. Either way the world famous photograph of her taken in 1936 is a stark reminder that Dead History doesn’t necessarily remain….dead!

These are but a few of the questions we will ponder and hope to resolve through psychic intervention.

During the first half-hour our presenter (TBA) will take us on a historical journey to actual locales for each episode – giving us insight into what is scientifically known to date and what has been left for us to interpret and imagine. Interviews with experts in the field will also be an added element with respect to background in giving a more in-depth perspective to the “incident” in question.

The final half-hour will be spent with our intuitive, world-renowned British medium Robert Brown, in channeling information and building a picture of what occurred and how it all played out – through the eyes of the dead. Robert Brown has worked with the Edgar Cayce Foundation as well as holding his own metaphysical “boot camp” each summer in the Bahamas.

Presenter and Robert will intricately piece together the puzzles that have left generations of scholars and lay people alike questioning throughout the centuries. We will attempt to fill in the gaps in a compelling, intriguing – and at times – other-worldly manner.

The success of shows such as Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, Hauntings and Psychic Investigators validate the public’s continuing interest in the supernatural and paranormal. We believe that our audience – with a demographic of both male and female in all 18+ age groups – will respond positively towards, and have great interest in, this type of programming.

We shall endeavor to provide well-respected, scientific data through the guise of our historians and leading experts in the field with proven abilities in previous investigative settings. Our Presenter will take us around the world, explaining and exploring various locales and ancient sites detailing the locale’s history and delving into the lives and pasts of those we are investigating. Through the use of our psychic medium we may possibly find the key that unlocks the door to mysteries that have confounded us for generations.

Dead History’s production values will be top-of-the-line with beautifully shot locations, top-notch CGI and re-enactment segments. This will give the program a gravitas that many others do not have and will be a compelling element in grabbing the attention of the ever increasing discriminating viewer.

Episode 1 – OSTIA ANTICA



The beautifully preserved ruins of Ostia lie twenty miles from Rome, in the meadows between the Tiber River and the Tyrrhenian Sea. It was founded, probably in the 4th century BC, as a military colony to guard the river mouth against seaborne invasions. Later, during the centuries when virtually all imports reached the Capital via the Tiber, Ostia gained prominence as the domestic landing for cargo boats. By the 2nd century AD, it had become a flourishing commercial center inhabited by upwards of 100,000 people, whose apartment buildings, taverns, and grocery shops are still intact. When and why was Ostia Antica abandoned? Examine daily life through the eyes of psychics who connect with the spirits of the residents of Ostia.


Episode 2 – MACHU PICCHU

The ruins of Machu Picchu, rediscovered in 1911 by Yale archaeologist Hiram Bingham, are one of the most beautiful and enigmatic ancient sites in the world. While the Inca people certainly used the Andean mountain top (9060 feet elevation), erecting many hundreds of stone structures from the early 1400’s, legends and myths indicate that Machu Picchu (meaning ‘Old Peak’ in the Quechua language) was revered as a sacred place from a far earlier time. Whatever its origins, the Inca turned the site into a small (5 square miles) but extraordinary city. Invisible from below and completely self-contained, surrounded by agricultural terraces sufficient to feed the population, and watered by natural springs, Machu Picchu seems to have been utilized by the Inca as a secret ceremonial city. Two thousand feet above the rumbling Urubamba river, the cloud shrouded ruins have palaces, baths, temples, storage rooms and some 150 houses, all in a remarkable state of preservation. These structures, carved from the gray granite of the mountain top are wonders of both architectural and aesthetic genius. Many of the building blocks weigh 50 tons or more yet are so precisely sculpted and fitted together with such exactitude that the mortarless joints will not permit the insertion of even a thin knife blade. Little is known of the social or religious use of the site during Inca times. The skeletal remains of ten females to one male had led to the casual assumption that the site may have been a sanctuary for the training of priestesses and /or brides for the Inca nobility. However, subsequent osteological examination of the bones revealed an equal number of male bones, thereby indicating that Machu Picchu was not exclusively a temple or dwelling place of women.

One of Machu Picchu’s primary functions was that of astronomical observatory, and Shamanic legends say that when sensitive persons touch their foreheads to the stone, the Intihuatana opens one’s vision to the spirit world (the author had such an experience, which is described in detail in Chapter one of Places of Peace and Power, on the web site, Intihuatana stones were the supremely sacred objects of the Inca people and were systematically searched for and destroyed by the Spaniards. When the Intihuatana stone was broken at an Inca shrine, the Inca believed that the deities of the place died or departed. The Spaniards never found Machu Picchu, even though they suspected its existence, thus the Intihuatana stone and its resident spirits remain in their original position. The mountain top sanctuary fell into disuse and was abandoned some forty years after the Spanish took Cuzco in 1533. Supply lines linking the many Inca social centers were disrupted and the great empire came to an end. The photograph shows the ruins of Machu Picchu in the foreground with the sacred peak of Wayna Picchu towering behind. Partway down the northern side of Wayna Picchu is the so-called “Temple of the Moon” inside a cavern. As with the ruins of Machu Picchu, there is no archaeological or iconographical evidence to substantiate the ‘new-age’ assumption that this cave was a goddess site.

Episode 3 – THE SPHINX

The mysterious half man half feline has confounded us for centuries. Is there map detailing information on Atlantis under his front left paw as stated by seer Edgar Cayce? What powers did the huge monument bestow upon the pharaoh’s?

Join us as we unravel the mysteries of the pyramids through the eyes of the ones who built them, the priests who worshipped there and the kings buried there.


The Catacombs of Paris, containing the famous underground Ossuary of Paris is located in a renovated section of the city’s vast network of subterranean tunnels and caverns.

Near the Left Bank, the catacombs are located in an area that was just outside the city gates before Paris expanded in 1860. Although this cemetery covers only a small section of underground tunnels officially called “les carrières de Paris” (“the quarries of Paris”), Parisians today popularly refer to the entire network as “the catacombs”.

Nearly all of Paris’ larger churches once maintained their own cemeteries, but by the late 1700’s, overwhelmed by city growth and generations of dead, Paris’ largest Les Innocents cemetery was saturated to a point where its neighbors were suffering from disease due to contamination caused by improper burials, open mass graves, and earth charged with decomposing organic matter.

After almost a century of ineffective decrees condemning the cemetery, it was finally decided to create three new large-scale suburban cemeteries and to condemn all existing within the city limits, while the remains of all condemned cemeteries would be moved discreetly to a renovated section of Paris’ abandoned quarries.

Covered in graffiti dating from the eighteenth century onwards, the walls of the catacombs hold the stories of generations of Parisian citizens, victims of war and the voices of dissent. Victor Hugo used his knowledge about the tunnel system in Les Misérables, and during World War II, Parisian members of the French Resistance used the tunnel system while German soldiers established an underground bunker in the catacombs below Lycée Montaigne, a high school in the 6th arrondissement.

Our host and psychics will explore and examine the history of the catacombs and connect with the spirits of those who fought, died and were buried here.

Episode 5 – ANGKOR WAT

Constructed in the jungle in the early 12th century and two centuries later mysteriously abandoned, Angkor Wat was built by the Khmer civilization. Built for King Suryavarman II as his state temple and capital city, the largest and best-preserved temple at the site is the only one to have remained a significant religious centre—first Hindu, then Buddhist—since its foundation.

The Temple was constructed over a period of 30 years, and illustrates some of the most beautiful examples of Khmer and Hindu art. Covering an area of about 81 hectares, the complex consists of five towers, which are presently shown on the Cambodian national flag. These towers are believed to represent the five peaks of Mount Meru, the Home of Gods and Center of the Hindu Universe. Angkor Wat features the longest continuous bas-relief in the world, which runs along the outer gallery walls, narrating stories from Hindu Mythology.

Dead History will delve into the depths of this spectacular archaeological site, and attempt to connect with the spirits of those who lived, and ultimately died here to explore the reasons behind the abandonment of this magnificent city.


Deep within the jungles of Mexico and Guatemala and extending into the limestone shelf of the Yucatan peninsula lay the mysterious temples and pyramids of the Maya. While Europe was still in the midst of the Dark Ages, these amazing people had mapped the heavens, evolved the only true writing system native to the Americas and were masters of mathematics. They invented the calendars we use today. Without metal tools, beasts of burden or even the wheel they were able to construct vast cities across a huge jungle landscape with an amazing degree of architectural perfection and variety. Their legacy in stone, which has survived in a spectacular fashion at places such as Palenque, Tikal, Tulum, Chichén Itzá, Copan and Uxmal, lives on as do the seven million descendants of the classic Maya civilization

Thousands of Mayans were sacrificed to the Gods, and Dean History is going to attempt to contact the spirits of those individuals. The Cenote of Sacrifice was reserved for rituals involving human sacrifice involving the rain God. The victims were not only young women, but also children and elderly men and women.

Possibly the best known construction on the site is Kukulcan’s Pyramid. El Castillo (Kukulkan-Quetzalcoatl), a square-based, stepped pyramid that is approximately 75 feet tall. This pyramid was built for astronomical purposes and during the vernal equinox (March 20) and the autumnal equinox (September 21) at about 3 P.M. the sunlight bathes the western balustrade of the pyramid’s main stairway. This causes seven isosceles triangles to form imitating the body of a serpent 37 yards long that creeps downwards until it joins the huge serpent’s head carved in stone at the bottom of the stairway. Mexican researcher Luis El Arochi calls it “the symbolic descent of Kukulcan” (the feathered serpent), and believes it could have been connected with agricultural rituals.

Episode 7 – EPHESUS

On October 18th, 1881, a French priest, the Abbé Julien Gouyet of Paris, discovered a small stone building on a mountain overlooking the Aegean Sea and the ruins of ancient Ephesus in Turkey. He believed it was the house where the Virgin Mary had lived in the final years of her life on earth as described in the visions of the German nun Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824), who had never been to Ephesus during her lifetime, published in detail in a book by Clemens Brentano. His discovery was not taken seriously at the time but ten years later, in 1891, two Lazarist missionaries from Smyrna rediscovered the building, using the same source for a guide. It was then learned that the four-walled, roofless ruin had been venerated from time immemorial by the members of a distant mountain village who were descended from the Christians of Ephesus. They called it Panaya Kapulu (“Chapel of the Most Holy” see Panagia), believed it was there that she had died and had every year made a pilgrimage to the site on August 15th, the date on which the rest of the Christian world celebrated Mary’s Assumption from Jerusalem.

The discovery in fact revives and strengthens a constant and ancient Christian tradition, ‘the tradition of Ephesus’, which has always competed with the generally accepted ‘Jerusalem tradition’ concerning in particular, the place of the Blessed Virgin’s passing from this world.

The remnants of the discovered structure have been dated to 6th – 7th centuries, with parts of the foundation and coal found on the site dated to the 1st century. The current chapel at the site is the result of a restoration work completed in 1950, built on top of original remains, for making the site suitable for pilgrimage after it has been declared an official Catholic pilgrimage site.

The Roman Catholic Church has never pronounced on the authenticity of the house, and is unlikely ever to do so, for lack of scientifically acceptable evidence. It has, however, from the blessing of the first pilgrimage by Pope Leo XIII in 1896, taken a very positive attitude towards the probability that the house was in fact the last home of the Theotokos (Mother of God). Pope Pius XII, in 1951, following the definition of the dogma of the Assumption in 1950, elevated the house to the status of a Holy Place, a privilege later made permanent by Pope John XXIII.

The site maintains its holiness for the Muslims as well as for the Christian world. People believing in the sanctity of the Virgin Mary come here and drink from the spring running under the house which is believed to have healing properties.

Episode 8 – STONEHENGE

Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument located in the English county of Wiltshire, about 8 miles (13 km) north of Salisbury. One of the most famous prehistoric sites in the world, Stonehenge is composed of earthworks surrounding a circular setting of large standing stones. Archaeologists believe that the standing stones were erected around 2200 BC and the surrounding circular earth bank and ditch, which constitute the earliest phase of the monument, have been dated to about 3100 BC.

Christopher Chippindale’s Stonehenge Complete gives the derivation of the name Stonehenge as coming from the Old English words “stan” meaning “stone”, and either “hencg” meaning “hinge” (because the stone lintels hinge on the upright stones) or “hen(c)en” meaning “hang” or “gallows” or “instrument of torture”. Medieval gallows consisted of two uprights with a lintel joining them, resembling Stonehenge’s trilithons, rather than looking like the inverted L-shape more familiar today.

The Stonehenge complex was built in several construction phases spanning at least 3000 years, although there is evidence for activity both before and afterwards on the site, perhaps extending its time frame to 6500 years. Dating and understanding the various phases of activity at Stonehenge is not a simple task; it is complicated by poorly kept early excavation records and surprisingly few accurate scientific dates.

Dead History will attempt to contact the spirits of those who lived during the time of Stonehenges creation and find out what it’s true uses were, and why it was abandoned.


Rosslyn Chapel and the nearby Rosslyn Castle are located at the village of Roslin, Midlothian, Scotland. The chapel was founded by William Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness of the Sinclair family, a noble family descended from Norman knights, using the standard designs the medieval architects made available to him. Rosslyn Chapel is the third Sinclair place of worship at Roslin – the first being in Rosslyn Castle and the second (whose crumbling buttresses can still be seen today) in what is now Roslin Cemetery.

The chapel, built 150 years after the dissolution of the Knights Templar, supposedly has many Templar symbols, such as the “Two riders on a single horse” that appear on the Seal of the Knights Templar. The layout of the chapel is cited as echoing the layout of the Temple of Solomon.

A later William Sinclair of Roslin became the first Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Scotland and, subsequently, several other members of the Sinclair family have held this position. These connections, to both the Templars and the Freemasons, means that Rosslyn features prominently in romantic conjectures that the Freemasons are direct descendants of the Knights Templar, though, as scholars point out, there is absolutely no historical connection between the two.

There are a plethora of legends surrounding Rosslyn Chapel, and Dead History will attempt to connect with the spirits surrounding the famous locale, to establish the truths that lie shrouded in mystery.

Episode 10 – FATIMA

In the year 1917, in a mountainous region at the center of Portugal, the Mother of God appeared six times to three young children. Elsewhere on the continent the “Great War” raged, that would cost Europe an entire generation, over 37 million lives. Besides sending her own sons to die (in France and North Africa) Portugal was in political chaos at home. There was a dizzy succession of governments following a revolution in 1910. The monarchy had been replaced by a republic, with a new liberal constitution separating Church from state. Government officials, under the influence of Freemasonry, were not sympathetic to the Faith. But for the people themselves, the Faith was the air they breathed, as in the village of Aljustrel, a collection of whitewashed houses on a dusty road in the parish of Fatima.

There Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta were born and raised in homes where the catechism was their daily bread, stories from the Bible their recreation, and the word of the village priest was law. Lucia de Jesus Santos was born, the youngest of seven children, to Antonio and Maria Rosa Santos, on 22 March 1907. She was a plain child with sparkling eyes and a magnetic personality, a natural leader to whom other children looked with confident affection. Blessed with an excellent memory, Lucia was able to learn her catechism, and make her First Communion and Confession, at age six. She herself became a catechist at nine. Lucia would be the constant guide and companion to her first cousins, Francisco and Jacinta Marto, through the trials that accompanied the apparitions of the Blessed Mother.

In rural Portugal of 1916 it would not have been unusual to see children leading their family flocks to pasture. This is what the children of the Marto and Santos families, cousins all, did on many days. Often it was Lucia Santos, Francisco Marto and his sister Jacinta, who gladly undertook this chore, grateful for the chance to be outdoors and to play as the sheep silently grazed. They would take their families few sheep to graze on small plots of land owned by their parents in different parts of the sera, the mountainous plateau on which was located the village of Fátima (where the parish church was) and Aljustrel (where the children actually resided). Two favorite grazing areas were the hillside facing Aljustrel, near an outcropping called Loca do Cabeco (Place of the Head) and the Cova da Iria (Cove of Irene) at some distance beyond Fátima. At first one, then the other, would occur the apparitions which would change the course of the children’s lives and the history of the 20th century.

Dead History will attempt to find the secrets of the shrine and share the unknown stories behind the legend of Fatima.